Corporate values expected of all employees:
(1) Commitment to excellence and service
This means integrity, commitment to “doing it right,” and trustworthiness.
(2) Knowledge in a changing industry
This means technical ability, adaptability, and a willingness to learn.
(3) Commitment to small business model
This means flexibility, initiative, and a willingness to accept extra work sometimes.
The following openings are anticipated:
Opportunity for hands-on actual business experience. General office procedures training is available from seasoned CEO. Telecommunications training leading to qualification as a CSR or field tech available to intelligent and motivated individuals. These are unpaid positions and only dedicated and sincere individuals should apply.
Everyone at Duke knows the clients and their needs, especially the administrative staff. Customer service is paramount and everyone takes the time to get to know the clients and their business needs.
Main responsibilities of a Duke administrative team member include:
– Be available for questions about scheduling and billing and provide appropriate answers or follow up as needed
– Collect feedback and common questions so that they can be incorporated in customer communications and marketing to ensure the right content is being delivered
– Some interest and ability to learn technical side of business to explain to customers and to understand coworkers daily tasks
– Account management and customer service may be part of this role
– Accounting and billing tasks as needed
– Project management, either as the point person or as assistant to another project leader
– Willingness to record voice mail and greetings as needed for clients
– Convey Duke philosophy that Duke will take care of you even after the job is done
Duke delivers exceptional customer service, and this starts with the sales force. A sales person is expected to have some technical knowledge and the ability to convey accurate information about what Duke can do for them.
Main responsibilities of a Duke sales person include:
– Work to network with other “business startup businesses” and build referral agreements with them
– Ability/willingness to produce work with minimal support from administrative staff or technical staff
– Understanding the technical skills of staff and subcontractors in order to offer clients the most robust packages
– Knowledge about technical features to aid in advising clients on contract structures – rent vs. buy, new vs. moving
– Implement and pursue creative application of services – offering a home extension to local tourism-oriented businesses or additional server service as needed
– Honesty and integrity in all transactions
– Continue to take care of customers after the job is done – follow up, surveys, personal contact.
Field Service Technician
Duke has high standards and poor install work will not be tolerated. Also, people with bad technical or social skills will not be permitted to work under the Duke name.
Main responsibilities of a Duke technical staff team member include:
– Diplomacy and personal skills on-site are key. Will need to be able to explain technical work to lay people, also to navigate fees (especially emergency work / non-contract work) with tact
– Technical experience required:
(a) Prior experience installing cabling / wiring, working with telecommunications systems and structures
(b) OR the ability to learn quickly and an interest in telecommunication structures.
(c) OR experience with networking, PC repair (software and/or hardware), on-site customer IT support preferred over Help Desk or internal IT support experience.
– Willingness to do lower-level tech services, such as restocking the van or organizing current inventory
– Willingness to help business grow, such as researching new technology, brands or parts when not on service calls
On the job internships available for qualified individuals.